After the Euros are finished in the Poland and the Ukraine this summer, look for the big players in the world of football to start making transfer deals.
We already know that Paris St. Germain’s owners the rich Qatar Investment Group have earmarked $150 million a year for the next five years in order to make PSG the best club in the world.
Not to be left behind Manchester City’s owner Sheikh Mansour has had a taste of success, with winning the Premiership, and will be hoping for Champions League glory next season.
Chelsea’s Russian owner, Roman Abramovich has already splashed out $48 million for Lille’s 21-year-old midfielder Eden Hazard, and is said to have Porto’s Brazilian striker Hulk next on his buy list.
Not to be left out in the buying spree will be Malaga and their Qatari billionaire owner Abdullah bin Nasser bin Abdullah Al Ahmed Al Thani, who will be looking to turn this small Spanish football club into one that will rival Real, and Barca.
In this age of billionaires buying football clubs the other teams that do not rely on oil or mineral wealth for their income will just have to sit back and wait till the big boys have done their buying, and see what is left for them to haggle over.
Below is a list of players to look out for this summer at the Euro’s where a good performance could add millions to their value.
1. Robin van Persie was the leading scorer last season in the Premiership netting 30 goals for his club side Arsenal with who he is yet to renew his contract. The 28-year-old Dutchman is being courted by all the big clubs.
2. Olivier Giroud The Montpellier striker, was the top goal scorer in Frances Ligue1, and is known to be a target for both Arsenal, and Bayern Munich. Do not be surprised to see another club enter the bidding.
3. Fernando Llorente who plays for Athletic Bilbao in Spain. The 27-yearold is said to have a $48 million buyout clause in his contract, but like all things a deal can be negotiated.
4.Andriy Yarmolenko, the Russian born Dynamo Kiev player scored 17 times last season
gaining him attention from Napoli, Rubin Kazan, Liverpool, and others.
5. Nelson Oliveira the 20-year-old Benfica striker is on everyone’s watch list with Chelsea after him since he was a 15-year-old playing for Sporting Braga. A tough player with the ability to finish even at a young age could find a home in the Premiership.
6.Kevin Strootmanwho play’s his football in Holland for Eindhoven is just the kind of attacking midfielder Manchester United could be looking for to replace some of their aging players like Giggs, and Scholes.
7.Sami Khedira who plays for Real Madrid, and Germany is another midfielder that United will be looking at. Playing the same position as the preferred Xabi Alonso, he is always second choice, and could relish a move to the Premiership.
8. Luka Modric Tottenham’s star Croatian midfielder could very well have itchy feet, and with Tottenham failing to get into the Champions League he could well be on his way to a club that will give him this opportunity.
These are some of the main transfer targets to be watching, but like every major tournament someone always stands up to capture the limelight.